Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Yay Fei!

Congratulations Fei!  She successfully finished her first year of nursing!!  It's a tough course and not all made it.  These girls took a wee trip to Vancouver to celebrate.  
They had fun.  
Our pretty lady.
We have house guests while their family is away.  
Brothers bonding :)  They're being so sweet together.  Finn brings Thelonious kibble.
Thelonious has attachment issues.  He typically just likes his Mama.  I'm finally winning him over.  
Our guests usually chase the cats.  So this was a really surprising moment.  
More ducks.  Can't wait for our cruise.  25 days away. 
Lili did a thing today.  It looks so cute on her.  

Luk saw his Pediatrician Tues and then his Neurologist today. The Neurologist is helping get his urology surgeries here in Victoria and his Pediatrician is helping us get his tube care done in the Victoria hospital.  I'm doubtful this will happen.  I suspect they'll end up deferring to Children's but it's worth a try. We're also being set up with a trauma care nurse to learn how to deal with the emergency if his chait tube comes out.  

Eric picked up the boys from school then came to see me. I was with all the pups and he muted the TV. I said "oh no, what now?". He said "it's never good when the teacher comes out".  So, Luk was dropped off late because of his neuro appt. so he missed snack time. Kai ate most of his lunch at snack time. When he saw that Luk had more food than him at lunch time he got mad and hit Luk. Their desks have been separated now.  I would argue they should have been separated from day 1.  Separate issue.  Anyways.  I'll admit that this did strike me as some what funny.  And I laughed.  I mean really, it's Kai, at any point something more serious could happen.  I was relieved he didn't hit another child in the class. We did have a stern talk with him.  He admitted he hit Luk because apparently Luk wouldn't give him his yogurt. Kai didn't cry during the talk/lecture which sort of tells us he still thinks Luk should have given him the yogurt. We also had to go over his rules again that snack time is ONE thing from his kit, not all of it.  Sounds to me like Luk normally reminds him.  It's in his iep that an ea is supposed to monitor this.  Sigh.  

It's definitely busier here with the big girls home. A lot more cooking and a ton more laundry. Eric emptied the hampers today. I threw a kitchen towel in the hamper and he looked completely crushed.  I know this one. Just when you think laundry is done. He just hung his head and continued folding.  Girl trip starts Saturday. Tomorrow is pedicures, lashes, brows, banking and any other last minute things.