Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, May 22, 2022

Not much to update.

Yesterday was so nice out. I texted Eric and asked if it was warm.  He went out and did a bug sweep of my deck. Ah.  I spent hours out there.  Sasha, Coco and Esmei my constant companions. Fei even joined me for a bit.

Fei did another test today, it was still positive.  Testing daily until she is negative to get back to her practicum. Jia doesn't want to test.  She's living her best life. Alone, cozy and fed. No socializing, school or chores required. Her room is a disaster zone. She's been very busy in there!  
Late night snacks with Jia. We don't ever eat in bedrooms so this is just creepy weird.

I miss the boys and cuddle baby Finn.  Eric is run off his feet trying to do all the regular things and now making all the deliveries for three of us.  But I still sort of want to request he bring Finn up for a bit. Finn can't seem to remember how to do stairs. Trying hard not to be too demanding.  This is hard for all of us.

Last night was uncomfortable for me and I barely slept. Coughing has really aggravated my surgical hernia.  By noon today I thought I might need to seek help the pain wasn't bearable. Advil helped.  I'm not supposed to take advil though.  All good since then.

Lili brought me covid tests so I could test Jia when she got up.  Then I got it my wishful head that I was actually dealing with crohns and allergies together. Haha. So I did a test. Surprise, it really is covid.  I hear we have Monkeypox in Canada now too.  And a flesh eating bacteria at the ocean killing dogs in our area.  It's a lot these days.

Locally, in Chemainus, someone had their little dogs taken out of their fenced yard.  I was pleased today to read that they have been returned.  

Tik Tok has kept me amused during my prison sentence but my algorithm is messed up.  I'm getting all syndrome and terminal kids and medically challenged dogs.  I used to get all Chihuahuas, monkeys and rural cooking in China.  How do I reset to more joyful subjects?

Shannon and I did get resort sites booked for labor day weekend. So Kai's bday is taken care of.  I do hate paying resort fees.  Can't stand being charged by the kid and pet. They only allow two pets.  Bit of a problem, Lili and Fei said they'd come home and watch them. We will have power and water and wifi. The river spot looks lovely and we'll be with friends.