Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, June 12, 2023

Gah

Just realizing Jia's last day of school is tomorrow.  That came fast.  Her last file review is Wed.  I sure hope she got enough done because if she is short anything she'll only have 2 days to turn it in.  She's calm.  I'm not.  Jia totally missed the memo about the home/school hybrid part and has only done work at school since Dec.  

Lili is parenting tomorrow so that Eric can come with me to Victoria.  My head is getting full, needing help to sort the details.  Eric isn't so great at that but he takes over the practical things like driving, parking, food and finding washrooms ;)  In my secret hope of hopes, after we do the one appointment, run two errands and eat lunch there will be time for me to go pet baby goats before we get back.  

I haven't had any takers to go see the Little Mermaid yet.  $5 Tuesday's are back.  Hopefully one of them will go with me.  Kai is a firm no on the Mermaid movie, usually he'll go just to get the popcorn but he's being selective for the first time.

I screwed up, I thought Fei's graduation was at 2 but it's actually at 10am and I booked a meet and greet with the new Dr at the same time.  I joked about keeping the appointment and skipping graduation.  That didn't go over as funny.  It was easy to move it to the following day.  Phew.

Jia is quite disturbed that she didn't get a ticket to see Fei graduate.  I sent an email today on the off chance we can get one for her.  

Kai did manage to stop Alexa on his own yesterday.

Kai has reverted to his 4am wake up times for the last five days.  We're not thrilled about coming down to get him.  I don't get it.  He can't watch tv, or use his phone and he doesn't play with toys.  He just sits on his couch in dim light.  ?  If he stayed in bed he'd have toys and books.  Of course now he's super tired before he gets to school and totally ready for bed at night.

We did get peas at the market and I ate a huge bag of them on my own.

We didn't find the ac leak on the Jeep.

I got Luk's hotel room for next week confirmed and all the questions answered.  We're set to go. 

Jia is loving her job, she says it's fun.  Fingers crossed it works out for her.

Eric restored a canoe a few years ago, it's missing a front handle piece.  He hasn't been able to find or order a replacement.  Today he dragged home someone else's old project from the side of the road that has the piece he needs.