Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, June 19, 2023

Sick.

Luk and I have been battling what we thought was severe allergies.  Last night it was feeling more like sick.  Eric was called to come get Kai today.  He vomitted at school.  He got his blankie and went to sleep on his couch.  He's been asleep for hours and he missed lunch!  

I called around today and cancelled my appointment for today and Luk's at Children's.  I canceled the ferry and the hotel.  So disappointing.  I haven't heard from the spinal cord nurse so haven't been able to rebook yet.  

I have a wicked chill, it's been going on all day.  I went to the Jeep and did half an hour at full blast heat.  I could feel that it was hot but not in my bones.  Eric emptied the hot tub, cleaned and refilled it this morning and he thought 36 would be warm enough.  It was not.  Then he boiled pots and kettles for a while but he didn't get it above 37.  I'm on the couch wearing layers and two blankies now.  Tiny Chihuahuas are trying their best to heat me up.

I hate chills.  I need the hot tub back at 40!  Luk was struck down first.  He reports feeling better today.  I'm coughing now.  Avoid our house.  The school reported a bug is going around, but, reported after we were sick.  

Mostly it's just so much work carving out time to leave.  Maybe we can get the trip better organized to one night instead of 3.