Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Last Day of School

Kai went in yesterday to say his goodbyes.  Luk did the last day.  His classed walked up the hill to get gelato so he didn't want to miss that :) Neither boy was sad about no school for a couple months!  Eric might be the most excited of us all ;)

Fei is done her perceptorship in a couple hours.  She has a job interview Tuesday :)  So exciting.
We did Jia's last grade 8 moment, a hot dog lunch and picked up her report card.  Which was decent considering she turned in so little work.  She didn't want photos and was annoyed with me that I brought a whole grain wrap for my hot dog.  She even asked if I was embarrassed.  Uh, no.  Fun times.
There was a huge stack of these posters at Jia's school on the free table.  Too funny.

Eric is working on getting the pool sorted.  We've sprung more leaks. Now he has the water crystal clear but he can't get the chlorine to stay up.  Not great timing for us to be away for a few days. He's using the pool daily and Lili went in once.  

The cherry tree is LOADED but they need a couple more days.  So it's looking like the birds are likely to get them again this year.  I ate a bunch a couple nights ago that were good but not quite ready.  

I've made a meal plan for camping. Eric has the moho ready. We're bringing Cheese for Fei and a friend. All four dogs are coming.  I packed meds so far for Finn and the people.  Tonights plan is to sort clean laundry and then pack clothing into the moho.  We'll grocery shop tomorrow.  The plan is to leave at 4 but Eric isn't thrilled about how busy the roads will be and wants to leave earlier.  Normally I'd say go ahead we'll catch up except I'm towing Cheese and will want him closer.

Can we talk Ozempic?  I know it's on the news non stop so it's a bit hot topic.  The pharmacist thought it might help my sbs.  It did.  A lot.  I slept for 7 hours the first night. I have had no evil side affects.  It completely took away any desire for food.  I have felt so full all week that I was completely happy to not eat or drink at all.  I'm at the lowest dose.  I'm not supposed to skip meals re:diabetes.  Sometimes it feels like I'm forcing food down.  I'm definitely not drinking enough.  I had a two hour appointment with a diabetes teaching nurse today.  She injected the glucose monitor today.  Sadly it says no hot tub.  We're guessing the heat would melt the glue holding it in my arm.  We're already thinking tagdederm and holding my arm out.  Haha.  Learning curve.  It's been 3 hours, a snack and dinner and I've kept my levels in target range so far.  I did ask if everyone's levels move up and down and no, apparently the non-diabetic people have their pancreas and liver functioning well enough to keep them stable all along.  My pancreas isn't making enough insulin and the liver is resistant to accepting what I do have.  And as usual the teaching person has never dealt with a Chrones person with a total colectomy so she wasn't able to answer any of my more specific questions. Update, the glucose monitor can be worn in water up to 30 minutes and the temp of our spa is ok.  So I just ordered waterproof covers from Amazon.  

The whole tattoo conversation has been hillarious.  Surprisingly all 3 girls and Eric agree a ladybug is a good idea.  However.  Everyone's vision of it is different.  Everyone wants it in a different spot.  Fei wants a black outline on her forearm.  Jia wants a fancy one on her shoulder blade and in Jia fashion she already wants dozens more and is already busily planning her full body coverage. Lili wants simple and maybe on her ankle. Eric wants bicep but hasn't said what size, style or color.  Mom was in, but no color.  Now she's out again. I think I want cute/cartoonish, red with 5 hearts for the spots, also on my forearm but further up than Fei.  We'll see how long this takes to put together.  We won't consider it for Kai.  Luk has huge fear of pain so I know without asking he would be a no.  I think we are mostly missing the part about 'matching' tattoos.  It might have to be matching themes.  Haha.