Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, January 14, 2022

Cool thingy.

I just went downstairs to wave at Fei leaving after scooping a package off the front porch.  I missed her but found Eric playing with this cool looking toy.  He's looking at levels around the house.  The old 1910 house has some slopes.  I have no idea what this information does for him.  I just know there are slopes based on the way water, toys and spills go.  Haha.  We're as much as an inch and a half out from side to side in some rooms.  

I have Jia registered with an online homeschool program in Surrey.  We're waiting for next steps.  It's with BC teachers following BC curriculum.  Homeschool is quite the arena.  Sort of a free for all.  Apparently there are no requirements.  You're free to do anything right down to unschooling which is letting the child lead.  I really liked a program from the USA and I was thinking being Canadian wasn't the biggest deal since we're just looking to fill five months.  I joined a Facebook portal, met some Canadians online that are happy with the school.  Then the first thing posted was an interactive map of the States.  Turns out my thinking was more Canadian than I thought.  The school does offer online Mandarin though and Jia was keen so if we can get the actual school part working perhaps we'll add the other school too.  

Everything is still all set for Luk.  I did place an online grocery order during the sleepless night so that Eric can isolate a bit more throughly with us.  I ordered a few things that are easy to transport and carry for me to eat during the hospital days.  Such a huge event.  I can't wait to be on the other side of this one.

This procedure might be semi routine for the Dr but not for us. Do you know of anyone with a cecostomy?  I don't and I'm in lots of Chrones, Colectomy and Spina Bifida support groups.  We're in an unknown area here.  Also Kai's very common routine tonsil and adenoid surgery turned south and he ended up critical in PICU. So that fear just doesn't leave.  I have sufficient fear to have me as prepared as possible to deal with the parts I know are coming and not feel mentally insane.  Luk remains blissfully unconcerned.  

The kids school now has several covid cases reported.  

Jia just seemed aware today of how long its been since she's left the house. It's truly amazing how these kids have accepted what is happening.