Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, January 9, 2022

I-Q tests

Our sweet Boi, enjoying a smidge of sun.
To amuse you all.  I've been on Jia's case to tidy up after herself, her whole life. It's really hard for kids with adhd to stay on task.  She is EASILY distracted and just moves onto new tasks. She came to me last night and told me it was common for above average intelligence people to have messy rooms.  Also that they're more creative. She thinks her inquisitive nature is more important than chores.  I said she might need to take some i-q tests to prove she's above average.  Haha.  Pandora's box.  So we ended up late last night with her excited to take tests.  And according to the few she did online she is well above average for her age. Of course the free tests are flawed.  Like all Amercan history questions. Less story sequence type questions.  She wanted me to take the same test. That was a mistake.  Haha.  So taking a test for 12 year old girls and I scored WAY less than her.  Like pretty much special needs here.  So ya'll can just imagine how much fun she had with that ;)  Trying to see the humor in it.  I've told her about real testing, different types of tests, whole day or two for kids.  That we've seen it for Fei, Kai and Luk.  Also a zillion years ago I did a whole week of testing for the armed forces.  Jia wants proper testing now.  Clearly I didn't get anywhere with getting her to see that she just needs to clean her damn room because she HAS to clean her damn room.  

Today Jia has talked Luk into loading Genshin Impact on his phone. She's on the ps4 and they've joined each other in the same world.  Eric and I are watching their game play on the TV.  Wild. 

We're all definitely spending too much time at home on screens.