Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Covid burn out.

Covid is running wild and idiots prevail.  I'm in a burnt out covid stage.

Friend posts that while at Shar Care the couple ahead of her at the till both have covid, they tell the lady working there that it's just a cold and they went to work and are out running errands.  Friend says something to the worker who tells her to just go home.  (and this is the very epitome of the problem)

I call someone local re business things and she's sick, at work, can't take time off.  Not tested.  (honestly, stay the F*** home, how hard is that, no one wants what you have)

A fellow I follow with a Chihuahua sanctuary is unvaccinated, sick, goes to hospital, determined he has pneumonia and he refuses a covid test because the swab goes into your brain.  ( can you be this stupid?)

The truckers crossing the border have to be vaccinated as of Saturday.  A lot of notice there. Apparently large numbers of our truckers are unvaccinated.  This will cause supply chain issues.  ( why are so many of our truckers unvaccinated and clearly time to hoard some more)

A friend has been told that three close contacts have covid.  Not connected to each other.  The numbers are too high! 

Quebec is going to tax unvaccinated.  ( really? how the freaking heck will that pan out?)

I'm just now getting things figured re: Luk's surgery.  Difficult to arrange re: covid protocols.  We have a hotel room for the night before and day of.  After he is admitted the Variety club will extend our stay.  Right now ferries are an issue.  Shutting down constantly for staff shortages, out sick.  Plus wind. That's intimidating.  Have I mentioned before how much I despise being trapped on the island. Then, if we manage to get on a boat, we need to stay in the car because we're extremely isolated until we're through this.  I'm nervous of how cold that will be.  I'm planning to bug Eric for ideas tonight.  Ideally I need enough power to heat the electric blanket but not drain the car battery.  Such stupid things to ponder.

Lastly for today, the facility Fei is working in for her clinic is declaring an outbreak today.  Yes she is still working.  It was to be expected but last night we did have to discuss protocol.  Lili lives with her.  Scary.  They're young and healthy.  The plan is for them to utilize the moho if need be.  They're not too scared for themselves but don't want to pass it on. I had to let them know they shouldn't come home.  That's weird.  

That's enough stories for today.

I've been busy at my desk.  Month end, year end.  Jia is on a wait list for the Grove.  I've applied twice online and neither application has been received.  That's frustrating.  So they took our information by phone and we get to worry about the formalities if she gets in.  We're not really counting on that at this point.  I did have a long chat with her principal yesterday.  He doesn't have any great ideas about fixing her problems.  It's looking more and more like I get to be her teacher. I'm not waving my arms in the air excited about that.