Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Dressed and home?

Luk is cleared for home today!  We have to wait for one more meeting with the surgeon before we can leave.  He's in surgery this morning. So times are up in the air.

We have a bag of ostomy supplies to last until Wed.  Giving us three days to figure out ostomy care in Duncan.  It looks super easy to me and they keep asking if I'm OK to do it.  ?  What parent wouldn't be.  I did his flush this morning.  

Luk is moving better and better.  He says he can feel his strength coming back.  I think adding advil has made a big difference. His pain is a 2 and only a 1 when he is walking.  Yet he doesn't want to get to walking because the transitions to walking and sitting are a 3 or 4.  His spirits are much improved today.  

We're up, cleaned and dressed.  Breakfast is done.  I've packed our bags.  Phones are charged.  We're ready!!  Although I still don't know how to get him in the car ;)  

Update: we're lined up for the 12:45 to Duke Point.  We borrowed a wheelchair and step stool to get Luk to and into the car.  Easy peasy.  I did have to leave him alone for 3 minutes while I ran them back in.  

Home in a few hours.  Yay.